HOW DO YOU LIVE YOUR GLOW LIFE?
#TheGlowLife is all about making small decisions each day that help you feel like a million bucks. When you feel amazing on the inside, your entire outer life changes for the better. In fact we made a video about #TheGlowLife just for you take a peek!
The weekend is here and why not take some time to cook up these delicious and healthy raw food lemon, coconut bars? Lemon is a beautiful and gentle detoxifier while coconut is soothing and full of healthy fats to nourish you. Thanks to Kristen Pavez from HealthfulTreats.com.au for the recipe.
RAW LEMON, COCONUT BARS FOR GLOWING SKIN!
355g Pitted Dates
30g Lemon Zest (the peel from 1 lemon)
30g Lemon Juice (from the lemon above)
1 TBSP Chia seeds
2.5 TBSP water
295g shredded dried coconut + more to put on top
Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Place almonds & lemon peel into Thermomix/food processor & process on speed 9 for 10 seconds;
- Add dates, lemon juice, chia seeds, water & sea salt & mix on speed 9 for 1 minute 30 seconds;
- Add coconut & mix (either in a large bowl by hand or in Thermomix on REVERSE sp 4 until mixture has been thoroughly combined);
- Line a rectangular (Lasagne) Pyrex dish with baking paper & empty contents into dish;
- Flatten out with a spatula & then place another piece of baking paper on top to flatten out as much as possible. Or use a glass to roll flat.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.
Photo of yum goodness by Brie Wallace.