She's an entrepreneur, a mother, a wife, a creative in all senses of the word... Lisa embodies the passion and love that we all hold so dearly for beautiful Perth summer months.
We sat down with Lisa to discover more about what makes her, her.
1. Lisa, what does summer mean to you?
I LOVE summer!! Beach time, late sunset swims, and the best times are in my own backyard with my little family - music playing and staying outside until bed time.
2. Can you tell us a little about your business - what exactly do you do?
In short, I am a stylist and a creative director but my work is quite diverse. I help private clients with their homes - consulting, decorating and styling their interiors. I also specialise in photo shoot styling of interiors and product and lifestyle with lots of different commercial clients often starting from creating the initial concept and then working in a team with a photographer to create their imagery for advertising and editorial.
3. Where do you find inspiration for your creativity?
Instagram, Pinterest, and magazines are so visual, so they are a constant source of inspiration, but I always have my eyes open and I am constantly inspired on a daily basis from literally everywhere.
4. You are a mum, a wife, AND you run your own business... time efficiency must be a priority in your life. How do you juggle the three hats?
It's a constant juggle and it is what it is. I literally have to go with the flow because things can change in an instant with my work and my children... even if you have things planned to the last minute!
5. If there was one area in your life that you wished you had more time for what would it be and why?
I think every working mum wishes they had more time in the day. I think it's all about making more time - so I wish I had time to do SO many things. Exercise, making art, meditation, reading... just to name a few.
6. What does 'healthy' mean to you?
Being healthy means everything to me, because I think if you are healthy, then everything in your life is the best that it can be. You are happier, stronger, and more energetic - everyone and everything around you benefits from this, including yourself.
7. All time favourite quote or words to live by?
- Surrender to what is.
- Worrying is a misuse of your imagination.
- Comparison is the thief of joy.
8. What is one piece of advice that you wish you had received in your early 20's?
Refer to question 7... ha ha! Seriously, these are some of the best life lessons. Another one would be to listen to your body.
9. If you could only eat 3 things for the rest of your life what would they be and why?
Oh, thats a hard one! Being half Italian, I have grown up loving to eat - I love variety and I don't really have favourites of anything, I am always evolving. Maybe avocados because they are so satisfying and versatile. Eggs for the same reason, and spinach - because I love a good salad!
10. Dream summer holiday destination?
I really love Byron Bay - it's the perfect mix of country, beach, and culture. I love the food, the beaches the town, the creativity. Horse riding along the beach there is my idea of heaven.
CONNECT WITH LISA