She's a fun, beautiful, passionate, entrepreneur... Georgina embodies the idea of balance that we at p+N truly admire hence asking her to be a part of our Autumn season.
We sat down with Georgina one of our Autumn muses to discover more about what makes her, her.
- 1. What does Autumn mean to you?
Particularly with my business being very seasonal and at its peak during the summer, Autumn marks the beginning of a slower pace and an opportunity for reflection. It is a very balanced season and really encourages and allows us to seek this in our lifestyle.
2. Can you tell us a bit about your businesses and why you started it (and why you love vegan ice cream )
Roho Bure Vegan Ice Cream specialises in vegan, gluten-free, organic and sugar-free Ice Cream. We produce here in Perth and sell through two stores based in South Fremantle ad Leederville. Our Ice Cream is crafted into a beautiful range of products including Ice Cream Cakes, Cookie Sandwiches & Ice Cream Bars. I started Roho as a bid to break out of a corporate environment and create an opportunity to apply my creativity. Not eating dairy or meat myself, I noticed a lack of dessert dining experiences for not only the vegans but the health conscious. Eating Ice Cream is a positive experience we all have, and associate memories with, by reducing my ingredients to cater for dietary requirements, essentially more individuals can enjoy it :)
3. Where do you find inspiration in your industry and beyond?
There are so many incredible businesses out there who constantly inspire me with their ingredient combinations. I thrive off talking to other small business owners and actually recently started an IGTV channel to share these conversations so others may benefit
4. If there is one area in your life that you wish you had more time for what would it be and why?
I wish I had more time for my family. Other than my sister the rest of my family live in England. It can be a struggle to find the time to go home and visit but also to spend sufficient time with them when they visit me due to business commitments.
5. What does 'healthy' mean to you?
Healthy is the point that you have achieved balance. No extremism, just balance. Everyone’s version of healthy is different. Mine would be ensuring a healthy mind through more time for stress management such as meditation and monitoring my diet as I often under eat due to work.
6. All time favourite quote or words to live by?
“For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.” F.Scott Fitzgerald.
7. What's one piece of advice that wish you had received in your teens or early 20's?
To be honest, I have been lucky enough to be raised and surrounded by wise and wonderful people, so advice was never short. Listening to advice however, is something else! I have always had a very old soul and very high expectations of myself, I think enjoying the time when you have little to no responsibilities, if you are ambitious, you will naturally always gear towards commitments so make the most of it when they are not a consideration!
8. If you could only eat 3 things for the rest of your life what would they be and why?
- Well i am going to have to say Roho Vegan Ice Cream because it feeds my soul :) Ice Cream really does equal happiness. Plus I need to be able to taste test!
- Apples- apples are just one of those fruits I crave when I haven’t eaten for a while or when I am on holiday somewhere they are not attainable, they also remind me of home.
- Mushrooms- i am just obsessed, stir-fried, baked, raw i just love them!
Fortunately here in Perth Autumn still means sunshine, so I would say a morning workout outside followed by a swim in the ocean. I don’t have a dog but desperately want one so would likely have to venture on to the dog beach for some puppy time. Delicious brunch and maybe finish the day with an outdoor movie and tub of Roho Ice Cream. My days are generally am to am so I truly savour the simple and small when I can.